Source tagging offers a security solution to reduce shrinkage, improve customer service, increase product availability and boost sales.It enables the application of anti-theft labels or tags to a much wider range of goods than with in-store labelling or tagging. Source protection also ensures that tagging is more consistent, important manufacturer information is not covered, and it offers a higher level of security than when tags are hidden inside goods. And, because labels are applied at one central point, it also results in broader tagging that is more effective and efficient.
Acousto-Magnetic (AM) technology works with some foils and metals, has a small label footprint, and can be deactivated and reactivated an unlimited number of times.
Products source tagged by ADT today include:
- Health and beauty
- General merchandise
- Sporting goods
- Consumer electronics
- Grocery items
The benefits of Source Tagging:
- Increases sales and profits as goods can be openly merchandised
- Reduces shrinkage
- Better product availability – reduced out-of-stock items
- Increases speed of product to shop floor
- Improves on-hand data integrity for accurate replenishment
- Consistent label placement
- Maximises staff productivity